Monday, August 30, 2004

Dump Sweet Home

We’re officially homeowners! Yay! Settlement went pretty smoothly, all things considered. The sellers left a bunch of junk (which they did remove later), including the refrigerator, but since the contract left some ambiguity about the refrigerator, we were stuck dealing with it ourselves. Little did we know what a treat it would be!



eeewwww.



ick ick ick.

Among some of the treasures we discovered there were:

In the vicinity of the refrigerator:
A diaper (degree of contamination undetermined)
A blue plastic ball
A tin
A fork
Various matchbox cars
A puddle of caramelized goo

Elsewhere:
A balloon
Some maple syrup
Enough change to buy some gum (pennies mostly)
Dirty tissues
Two socks (unmatching)
Several rusty razor blades
A blanket of dubious cleanliness

Also, we unearthed SIX layers of linoleum in the foyer, and two in the bathrooms.

For an afternoon of work, we made great progress:
We ripped out the remaining cabinets
Removed the switchplate covers
Removed all the bi-fold doors, where Marina sustained a major injury:



Pulled out the old funky carpet tacks
Disposed of other random debris

Then we settled down to a romantic dinner under our romantic chandelier



Okay maybe not. We went to our local village center for some brick oven pizza.

We cannot close without mentioning the troublesome white rocks.
Turns out we are not in compliance with Marineville’s rules. We have been instructed that our white rocks have wandered into public property and need to be contained. Because, of course, white rocks are strictly prohibited in Marineville.



Here are the offending rocks! Unruly devils, aren’t they?

6 Comments:

Blogger abraham said...

coronado freezers fix
appliance repair in san diego Ca,coronado freezers fix

12:43 AM  
Anonymous dalworth said...

Hey Great Blog! Need any information on cleaning Check out my web site dalworth it relates to dalworth

6:21 AM  
Anonymous Foot Bath Array said...

Cool blog.

Sincerely,

June
Foot Bath Array

10:11 AM  
Anonymous Libra Litrou said...

Cool blog.

Sincerely,

June
Libra Litrou

10:47 PM  
Blogger superclosetnerd said...

I can't believe this. I set out to get some ideas on my new site.. you know themes, color, layout, etc.... and I can't believe how much stuff I've found looking around. I'm liking some of the stuff I see here... some good ideas at least. I'm not sure if I want to go with normal blue underlined links or if I want an entire theme of colors for all of the text and the links too. Anyway, nice page, it gave me something to chew on. If anyone actually sees this and feels like it, you can check out my site. fireplace xtrordinair

2:21 AM  
Blogger superclosetnerd said...

I can't believe this. I set out to get some ideas on my new site.. you know themes, color, layout, etc.... and I can't believe how much stuff I've found looking around. I'm liking some of the stuff I see here... some good ideas at least. I'm not sure if I want to go with normal blue underlined links or if I want an entire theme of colors for all of the text and the links too. Anyway, nice page, it gave me something to chew on. If anyone actually sees this and feels like it, you can check out my site. fireplace liner

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home